Welcome to the website of
Oregon Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
Would you like to volunteer to help or to post a need during the current pandemic, or to donate goods and items? ORVOAD and the Oregon State Office of Emergency Management (OEM) are managing these needs and resources through the program below. Click on the link to set up your volunteer account to help, register your organization's needs and to donate resources.
ORVOAD is on Facebook as a resource to help meet needs.
Since the February newsletter, the number of confirmed cases has changed daily. To monitor the number of cases, you can visit this map. Governor Kate Brown has issued a stay-at-home order (linked here) that orders Oregonians to only leave their home when it is essential. ORVOAD encourages members to keep up to date with OHA information and updates, as well as the CDC website.
ORVOAD Leadership is coordinating with the state on the COVID-19 response and reaching out to support COAD leadership. (Click here to read more)
Information sources on COVID-19
- The State of Oregon's COVID-19 page
- The Oregon Health Authority's COVID-19 page
- Information from the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries
- The World Health Organization's COVID-19 page
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's COVID-19 page
- Call, text, or email 211 for questions about COVID-19 or referrals to programs for food, shelter, health care and more.
- Topic Collection: COVID-19 Behavioral Health Resources - NEW
Upcoming member meeting: Tuesday, 21 April, 2020, 1:00 PM
Location: Teleconference details to be mailed out
Through the Oregon Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster, association members maximize disaster preparedness, relief and recovery efforts for greater impact in communities in Oregon.
CORE PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
COOPERATION We will work together to overcome challenge.
COORDINATION We effectively utilize resources to help communities prepare and recover .
COMMUNICATION We develop and maintain effective channels
for sharing information . .
COLLABORATION We identify common goals and create shared solutions.
For general leadership email, use email@example.com