Welcome to the website of Oregon Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (ORVOAD)
Update from Friday, 3/17/17
Hi Oregon VOAD Members and Partners,
- This week’s Oregon VOAD Update focuses on Communication - it’s such an important skill we should all use and exercise to build a more resilient, informed and responsive VOAD.
- Please place our next Oregon VOAD meeting on your schedule for next week - Tuesday, March 21st from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. at Mercy Corps in downtown Portland. If you cannot come in person, participate by conference call.
At this month’s meeting, we will be begin the process of receiving nominations/volunteers for the leadership positions of:
- Vice President- Urban
- Secretary - still looking to find the right person for this position
- Business Liaison Representative
- Member at Large
- Read through the Oregon VOAD bylaws to learn the job duties and we will have handouts at the meeting with this information was well. We have one month to receive nominations and will make that list available in mid-April so we can vote on these leadership positions at our May meeting.
- I know there is a great deal of leadership potential in our membership and hope to see a number of nominations/volunteers for each of the open positions.
Stay Warm and Dry,
Oregon VOAD, President